<

« Home | Some Current Add Ons » | Updated List coming soon... » | ONLY A WEEK?... » | Chasing Butterflies » | New Site Under Construction.... »

My First Showing....

This coming Saturday, I will be setting up at a craft show in Brazoria. I am excited and looking forward to seeing what the "public" thinks of my creations. I am praying for a great turnout as well for myself and the other crafters. I am also praying for great weather, as many of the booths will be set up outdoors. My table is just inside the door so I am not too worried about rain, but would feel bad for those who purchased spots outside. I will have donor (wallet) cards available for pickup. I have not had the chance to go to Houston yet to pick up some flyers but I hope to this week or after the following week. You can always go online to LifeGift.com and it will give you prompts on where to print a flyer, a card and to fill out an application to find out who the recipient or recipients were.

Following are some comments that I received via email about the jewelry;

"I don't know any of your family, but it was still heartbreaking just to hear about someone's young child leaving this world. I have a husband, 3 grown sons and 7 grandchildren. My oldest grandson was diagnosed with leukemia when he was 5 , treated and cured within 3 years. The week of his 11th birthday it was discovered that he had relapsed. I ask you to please pray for his recovery. Also, I loved all of your jewelry. Do you display it at home, in a shop or only on line? "

"It was a joy to see what you have been doing. What a blessing to hear that you donated some of your sons organs. My husband and I are both donors. I am so touched by your loving heart and I am so thankful to have met you several years ago. "

"These are beautiful! How much would a bracelet be that is in sterling?"

"You are awesome. It never ceases to amaze me that with all you have been through medically, just in the few years I've known you, and loosing Ian that your thoughts always seem to be with others. What an awesome influence for your nieces and nephews."

"I admire you for what you are doing."

"that was awesome colleen - you're certainly making lemonade out of your lemons! "

"I need to get something for a friend of mine. Her son drowned when he was 18 mos. old and she has claimed the butterfly as her symbol of hope & healing. "

"I just came from youre chasing butterflies new blog and im amazed at your beautiful jewelry, im soooo proud of you.... the jewelry is unique and I love it, I know Jesus and Ian are looking down from above and smiling at you!!!"

"We have very close friends whose son, Samuel, was a recipient of a donor heart at 3 months! He is now 7 years old and as ornery as ever. His family stays in touch with the donor family, and have visited them a couple of times. Here's their story: http://www.clainescorner.com/"

"How amazing....I'm forwarding your message to an ex-coworker whose husband received a heart several years ago from a 16 yr old. She is very active with Life Gift here in the DFW metroplex. I'm sure she'll share the word."

"Colleen, These are very pretty and What a great idea and what a neat way to remember your son! Chasing Butterflies and what it means just gave me goosebumps. I think it's really wonderful to promote the donor thing-so many people don't know about it or realize what a Great thing they can do with something they aren't using any more"


I did not include names but will share privately. Thank you all for your support, your encouragement and love. I hope to continue to do what God is calling me for and enjoying the ride in the process. I know He has great things planned for me and while I am trying to figure out what they might be, I will pray that I am able to help someone, mentor someone, or even pray with someone that needs an understanding ear, shoulder and heart. Please continue to comment and if you know a donor family, or a recipient or family member, I'd love to hear from you.
God Bless, Colleen

About me

  • I'm praynlady
  • From West Columbia, TEXAS, United States
  • I am a prayer warrior. I am the wife of ONE TERRIFIC MAN, the mother of 3 beautiful children, 2 daughters here on earth and one son who lives with Jesus. I am here to help and to serve any way I can. I WANT TO LIVE, LAUGH AND LOVE LIKE I WAS DYING!!
My profile

John's Christian Music Codes Subscribe with Bloglines

  • PRAYNLADYS BLESSINGS
  • CHASING BUTTERFLIES
  • Kendra Toscano
  • Paul & Marlissa
  • Jakebs Blog
  • Nueva Criatura
  • Angelic Devotionals
  • A Little Rose
  • Jenny Hintze
  • Addie's Blog
  • Lizanne
  • A Stay At Home Mom
  • Partners in Prayer for our Prodigals
  • Space Bats
  • Haply Thinking
  • Find me on MySpace and be my friend!
    Links